Technical Sales Manager (Maternity Cover)
Donaldson Timber Engineering Ltd (DTE)
DTE Ltd. is the UK’s leading timber engineering business specialising in trussed rafters, engineered timber joists and engineered floor systems.
Our winning formula to date has been based on our commitment to a highly responsive customer service, embracing the latest industry technology and above all developing the capabilities and skills of our people.
The Role: Technical Sales Manager (Maternity Cover)
We currently have a Maternity Cover vacancy for a driven and experienced Sales Manager who can ensure the growth and profitability for their assigned sales area through identifying and assessing local and national market activity, then convert this in to sales. The successful candidate will cover Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire and Northamptonshire but will be based from our Enstone, Oxfordshire, DTE site.
The key performance areas of this role are:
- Monitor and maintain strategic sales initiatives and agreements
- Control quotation vetting process
- Manage quotation follow up procedures
- Develop existing business with regular visits and meetings
- Manage all strategic sales initiatives
- Develop and execute sales tracks for each customer category and key account type customer
- Work in connection with the design team to achieve common goals
- Provide technical product training and direction to sales team and customers
- Ensure competitor and customer market intelligence is gathered and disseminated effectively to DTE staff
- Maintaining accurate CRM records, sales forecasting and producing activity reports for senior management.
- Significant experience of managing accounts and ability to demonstrate where you have contributed to the significant increase in sales
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to successfully manage and plan both your territory and working week
- Driven by results and enthusiasm to deliver on sales targets
- A can-do attitude and seeks continuous improvement in performance and processes
- Effective communicator and ability to demonstrate the company values when dealing with customers
- Excellent presentation skills and previous experience of presenting to an audience
- Structured, disciplined, energetic, commitment to individual and group improvement
- Ability to understand and analyse data and select and articulate findings
- Exceptional ability to negotiate and influence
Previous experience in a similar role within this industry is essential.
For further information about Donaldson Timber Engineering, please visit www.donaldson-timber.co.uk