Production Manager - Aberhill
Donaldson Timber Engineer Ltd (DTE)
DTE Ltd. is the UK’s leading timber engineering business specialising in trussed rafters, engineered timber joists and engineered floor systems.
Our winning formula to date has been based on our commitment to a highly responsive customer service, embracing the latest industry technology and above all developing the capabilities and skills of our people.
The Role: Production Manager - Aberhill
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a hardworking and motivated individual to further their knowledge and develop their career, whilst assisting in the day-to-day running of our DTE Aberhill site.
The key performance areas of this role will involve:
- Ensuring most efficient and effective use of time and resources
- Managing stock flow to meet production requirements with minimal waste
- Providing supervision in all aspects of production
- Ensuring all products are manufactured to a high standard
- Carrying out quality checks on finished products
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are always followed
- Planning transport
- Booking and overseeing staff training
- Implementing and reviewing employee development
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience within a production facility or within the construction industry or previous experience in any managerial role
- Knowledge of our products - specifically I Joists, Kerto and Glulam Products
- Continual delivery of total customer satisfaction
- A get it right first time, every time attitude
- Seeks continual improvement in performance and processes
- Communicates with the team to ensure that targets are achieved
- A flexible approach and adapts to changing work environment
- Supports individual and team direction and development
- Maintains good working relationships at all times
The ideal candidate will have completed IOSH Managing Safely, hold a Counterbalance or Side loader license and be a qualified First Aider.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27th November 2020