Production Co-ordinator - Leven
Us: James Donaldson Timber (JDT)
Established in 1860, James Donaldson Timber Ltd, whose core activities include sawmilling, processing and distribution, is a prestigious family owned timber business committed to the highest levels of customer service.
The Role: Production Co-ordinator - Leven
We are currently seeking to recruit an effective and proactive individual to join our team at Leven, Fife in the position of Production Co-ordinator. This is a permanent full-time role and is an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and career.
The key performance areas of this role will involve:
- Planning and scheduling of all product lines to meet changing weekly demand while maintaining inventory to agreed levels.
- Coordinating the production workflow for multiple manufacturing lines and product picking in a manner that maximises performance and customer service levels in line with customer demand and make to Stock requirements.
- Determining of manpower, equipment, and raw material requirements in line with production demand, and for assigning workers and other staff to particular operations and shift patterns as directed by the production schedule.
- On a daily basis collaborate with production supervisors to ensure optimum productivity and the timely completion of orders
- Furnishing the sales team with lead-time information to enable them to appropriately handle customers’ enquiries.
- Creation and delivery of production status metrics to aid effective decision-making in the organization.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills when liaising with internal and external customers.
- A proactive and problem solving approach.
- Efficient and effective use of time and resources to achieve objectives.
- Experienced working with MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning)/ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) tools and a sound knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Excel.
- Good understanding of Production Operations, Quality System Procedures and SOP’s, continuous improvement & LEAN methods.
- Practical experience in production planning, production materials, forecasting and inventory and working in fast paced manufacturing environments.
- Experience of driving change.
Ideally the successful candidate will hold a HNC Mechanical and Production Engineering although experience in similar roles will be considered. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a minimum of five years’ experience working in a high-volume production manufacturing / planning environment.
Previous experience working within a similar industry would be advantageous.
Competitive package available.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st May 21