General Manager - Cambridge
Us: Donaldson Timber Engineering Ltd (DTE)
DTE Ltd. is the UK’s leading timber engineering business specialising in trussed rafters, engineered timber joists and engineered floor systems.
Our winning formula to date has been based on our commitment to a highly responsive customer service, embracing the latest industry technology and above all developing the capabilities and skills of our people.
The Role: General Manager
We are currently seeking to appoint a new General Manager at our Cambridge site
The successful candidate will be commercially minded and be able to demonstrate excellent people management skills both internally and externally. Above all you will be working to elevate the business performance & develop the teams underneath you. You will be responsible for the successful running of a design office and also a production site which is based in Gamlingay.
The key elements of the role include:
- Management of the commercial needs of the business to maximise profitability
- Customer management and service delivery to Company quality standards
- Profit and loss accountability to meet Company targets
- Staff development and management across the site including office and production staff
- Ensuring standards for health & Safety, quality, environment and continuous improvement are met and exceed
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Solid management experience in a manufacturing environment
- A can-do attitude and seeks continuous improvement in performance and processes
- Drive and ambition to deliver against business KPIs
- Knowledge of the industry and up to date intelligence of the current market
- Higher education qualification in technical design, management or similar industry
- Commercial awareness incorporated with strong people management skills
It is essential that you have experience operating with full-site responsibility, ideally as a General Manager. It is essential that the successful candidate holds a full UK driving licence.
Closing date for this vacancy is Friday 22nd November
Interviews for this position will be held w/c 25th November 2019